Men Over 50 Gain Muscle and Lose Weight

6 Foods That Help Senior Athletes Burn Fat

by: Sharon L

foods that burn fat

Selecting and preparing the right foods is part of a proper weight-loss program

As we have explained in previous articles, a good diet is a key factor on getting and keeping a fit body.  In fact, nutritionists and trainers will even tell you that diet accounts for 70% when it comes to burning fat, while proper exercising will do  for the other 30%.

Balancing the kind of food in your meals and keeping adequate portions are a must in a healthy diet.   And this becomes even more important once people start to grow older, as your metabolism begins to slow down, and it starts to become harder to lose weight.

But while committing to making this kind of diet a part of your daily life, there are also other keys that will help you when it comes to getting a fitter body.

Provided that you follow a regular diet, drink plenty of water to help your body remove waste, eat carbohydrates and non-fatty protein, there are some types of food that will help you burn fat.

These are our top 6 fat burner foods for senior athletes:

GREEN TEA: It increases your fat burning rate by inducing thermogenesis, a procedure by which your body increases heat by burning fuels such as fat.  At the same time, it promotes a slower release of carbohydrates, preventing sharp increases in blood-insulin levels, which leads to fat burning as well.  It also has other amazing health-related properties, such as decreasing risk of heart diseases, lowering LDL cholesterol, preventing cancer and slowing or stopping certain neurodegenerative illnesses such as Alzheimer’s.

CAYENNE PEPPER: It is the best spice for burning fat. Cayenne pepper also creates a natural thermogenic boost, and this helps burning fat.  It enhances as well the control over the body’s cholesterol levels.  Furthermore, pepper makes you sweat and increases your heart rate, thus accelerating your metabolism and burning fat.

Just be sure not to eat the pepper by itself, but accompany it with non-fatty protein or as an over-the-counter supplement. It is the best way in which it’s transported in the body to give you optimal results.

CINNAMON: Studies have demonstrated that 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon mixed with food is enough to accelerate 20 times the metabolic processing of sugar and to lower its level. It is therefore a good idea to mix it with fruits or with a snack.  Once a day will do.

GINGER: Ginger is a vasodilator, thus it increases the blood flow and speeds up metabolism by up to 20%. It helps eliminating toxins, it’s good for circulation, and it burns fat, facts for which it’s frequently used in the beauty industry. You can consume it fresh,  dried, or in tea,  the effect s will be the same.

CITRUS: Citrus has a lot of vitamin C, which is a powerful help when it comes to burning fat. It dissolves the accumulated fat in our body, speeds up the metabolism and increases our defenses.  Some citric fruits you can try are grapefruits, oranges, kiwis ,tangerines, and fresh limes.  Just be aware that while grapefruit can be part of a healthy diet, it can cause some trouble if you are taking drugs, due to interaction between them.

APPLES & BERRIES: Apples (most notably apple peels) and berries (especially raspberries) have big amounts of pectins, a substance that coats the body cells limiting their fat absorption.  In addition, they can flush out excess fat.

So if you want to lose weight and burn fat, try to combine these foods along with a workout routine.  Be prepared to see results!

 

 

2 Responses to 6 Foods That Help Senior Athletes Burn Fat

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Men Over 50 Lose Weight and Gain Muscle

Best Masters Fitness

Copyright © 2012. All Rights Reserved.